Terms and Conditions for doing business with us
Unless otherwise agreed all contracts with Levan Ecology will be subject to the following terms and conditions.
- In any dispute arising under this agreement that cannot be settled the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- Acceptance of a price constitutes a contractual agreement and payment will be due regardless of any changes to the client requirements.
- An invoice will be issued with each report submitted to the client, or at such other times as may be agreed.
- Payment terms are 30 days from the invoice date Levan Ecology reserve the right to charge interest for payments over 30 days from the invoice date. The rate of interest will be calculated on the basis set out in the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (as amended) and will be equivalent to an annual rate of 8% above the Bank of England reference rate plus statutory compensation.
- All written reports must be considered draft documents only and may not be used in support of any application for planning permission or other regulatory permission until the relevant invoice has been settled in full.
Professional standards and ethics
- All work will be undertaken in line with the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management Code of Professional Conduct (available on request)
- Following best practice for ecological work records of protected or otherwise notable species will be submitted to the local biological records centre relevant to the site where they were recorded. Clients may opt out of this procedure by informing Levan Ecology by email or in writing. In any event no information relating to the commercial confidence, the identity of clients or any proposals for development would be included in any submission of records.
- Work will be carried out in accordance with the policies set out on this site. Where a client has their own policy on health and safety or environmental impacts these may be followed as an alternative provided they are not less stringent.
- Levan Ecology will not discriminate between potential clients or suppliers on the basis of personal characteristics and will comply fully with all relevant laws regarding fair and equal treatment of all people.
- Levan Ecology will not accept any contract where the client is or is believed to be engaged in illegal or unethical behaviour and reserves the right to terminate any contract where such behaviour comes to light. The determination of what constitutes unethical behaviour shall be made by the Director of Levan Ecology alone but shall be based on violations of the Code of Professional Conduct or other publicly available and applicable standards.
- Any breaches of environmental law discovered in the course of work will be reported to the appropriate authorities and by contracting with Levan Ecology you accept that no confidentiality agreement or similar shall prevent such reporting.